Sunday, December 07, 2008

Ouch

So after a week of getting back into running again and I mean, I was starting from step ONE, I am feeling the hope again. Monday and Tuesday were the worst days in terms of muscle aches. And man, when my Aunt Sally grabbed my leg (totally friendly greeting), I nearly jumped through the roof! But Wednesday was better. I took a hot bath after I cooled down from the run and my legs were feeling better. And Friday, no pain at all! I'm not losing much weight (and yes, I so gained from the hotel, yikes) because the muscle is coming back, but I think that once my body gets into it, I'll start losing again, answering my challenge of 158 pounds by the end of this month.

I was thinking of some January challenges though. Maybe begin giving up chocolate. it would be incredibly hard. It would be something I would have to start doing hour by hour. It would have to see me through Valentine's. But I hear that one does begin to stop craving it, stop missing it.

Could I get some suggestions on how to do it? Because if I can cut out the chocolate, that would really cut down on a whole lot of empty calories that I tend to sprinkle into my day.

1 comments:

Eva Persson said...

Hi, I came across your blog when checking out 'muses of a dragon mad knitter'. I do have a suggestion for the muscle soreness you're experiencing from exercising. If you take 1500mg of Vitamin C both before and after you exercise (or any physical activity you are not used to doing) then you won't get so sore. Your body loses Vit. C when under stress, whether it is an emotional stress or a physical stress. Also since it is an antioxidant it neutralizes the metabolic waste your body produces during exercise. the hot bath is great, try adding at least 2 cups of Epsom Salts and soaking for only 20minutes. That also helps pull toxins out of the body. Make sure you're drinking 1 quart of water of every 50 pounds you weigh, I know that sounds like a lot, but it's what is recommended as a healthy amount. Good luck with reaching your goal.