Tuesday, February 19, 2008

On a plateau - 168.8

You know, I've been stuck without being able to get lower for some time now. It's, of course, frustrating but then my WW email came in today. And there was a little article that kind of opened my eyes and, well, made me blush because I SO do this...

I don't count Saturdays or Sundays on my Points plan. I eat like a horse and I just kind of shrug and figure that I'll start really working it out during the week. I indulge in a Twilight Zone.

The twilight zone is a time during which a member chooses not to count their POINTS values or eat Core foods, and instead indulges with reckless abandon in foods that they otherwise might carefully portion control. Sometimes the vacation from counting POINTS values is not just between weigh-in and the next morning, but extends to certain holidays, holy days, and full-moon nights.


And this past weekend, boy did I go to town. Cherry Cordial Kisses were on sale and I didn't demolish the WHOLE bag but I'll admit, there's not much left. *twitch* I feel a little like an alcoholic waking up with a hangover, though. What did I just do to myself? Why?

Fortunately, this body is forgiving. I'll just have to suck it up and re-learn the old lessons.

There's not an overnight cure, but attending meetings, watching my emotional responses and focusing on my true goals have made them happen less and less frequently. I try to remind myself: "If I always do what I always did, I will always get what I always got.


Now to close that pantry door. Bothersome thing.

0 comments: